Connect with us

Breaking News

The MDC’s Harvest House Ransacked for Machetes and Subversive Materials

Published

on

The Zimbabwe Republic Police (ZRP) yesterday ransacked Harvest House, the MDC’s headquarters in search of machetes and other subversive materials.

A search warranty which was used for the operation showed that there was reasonable grounds for believing that there were machetes and subversive materials that could be used for criminal purposes especially the commission of public violence.

Machetes have become topical in Zimbabwe following sad stories of how they have been used by some ruthless groups of people called the Mashurugwis especially in areas where there is rampant illegal gold mining.

David Coltart, the MDC Treasure General said that the police had found nothing following their search at the MDC headquarters and described the search as a pathetic action by the Mnangagwa regime.

“Utterly pathetic action by the Mnangagwa regime today raiding the #MDC HQ searching for machetes. If they genuinely want to find any they should go to the citadel of violence – the #ZANU PF HQ just down the road. Of course they found nothing.” He wrote on Twitter.

An MDC official, Chalton Hwende was recently sucked in the machetes scandal, an allegation which he referred to as madness.

On the 13th of January this year, Justice Mayor Wadyajena, the Member of Parliament for the Gokwe Nembudiya constituency said on Twitter that it’s been widely reported that Hwende is among the politicians that are benefitting from the Mashurugwi gang and criminal activities through his Chegutu and Namibia connections.

Responding to these allegations, Hwende said “this madness by Zanu PF must end, they always look for people to arrest for no apparent reason”.

The search for machetes and subversive material at the MDC headquarters comes after Chamisa defiantly promised to go ahead with his State of the Nation Address on 21 January following a police ban of a similar event which was supposed to be held at Mbuya Musodzi Hall in Mbare, Harare earlier this week.

“ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. We’ve exhausted all channels. We can’t continue to be victims of unjust application of the law. Rights are for all. On Tuesday 21st Jan we will deliver the people’s Agenda 2020 to the nation come what may.” Chamisa said

In his reaction to the search of his party’s headquarters by the police, Nelson Chamisa, the leader of the MDC said that freedom is coming.

On Facebook, he wrote “Just been informed that 7 trucks with over 400 armed riot police details have besieged MDC party HQ to search for weapons of war. They are searching all offices and corridors. They will find nothing except the resolve for change. You cannot stop the winds of change whose time has come. Our only weapon is the weapon of love, the love of our country. Freedom is coming! #makechangehappen”

The MDC led by Nelson Chamisa is the main contender to the rule of Zimbabwe by Zanu Pf which is led by Emmerson Munangwa who took over from Mugabe.

Chamisa claims that he emerged the winner after the elections which were held following the demise of Mugabe and yet according to the Zimbabwe Electoral Commission, the institution mandated with overseeing elections in Zimbabwe, Emmerson Mnangagwa was the winner.

A prominent Zimbabwe politician, Professor Jonathan Moyo who once belonged to the Zanu PF party before his fallout with the current Zanu Pf leadership, have through his EXCELGATE book released some damaging information against Mnangagwa which seeks to prove that he lost the elections to Chamisa.

Zimbabwe’s economic situation is very dire with most people failing to access the basics of life since inflation and unemployment is continually on the rise but the country’s president has always been re-assuring his citizens that the country will come back on its feet.

While attending the Global Business Forum in Dubai last year, Mnangagwa promised to continue working and sharing Zimbabwe’s potential with entrepreneurs and investors.

“In Dubai, sharing our story and incredible potential with entrepreneurs and investors, particularly in the crucial sectors of fuel and power. I will continue to toil both at home and abroad to put Zimbabwe back on its feet!” he wrote on Twitter on 18 November 2019.

Breaking News

LIVE COVID-19 statistics

Published

on

By

[cmsmasters_row][cmsmasters_column data_width=”1/2″][cmsmasters_text]

[display_covid_19_data_line_chart country="Zimbabwe"]

[/cmsmasters_text][/cmsmasters_column][cmsmasters_column data_width=”1/2″ data_shortcode_id=”a8kvmrknwr”][cmsmasters_text]

[display_covid_19_data_line_chart country="South Africa"]

[/cmsmasters_text][/cmsmasters_column][/cmsmasters_row][cmsmasters_row data_shortcode_id=”c3japjscz”][cmsmasters_column data_width=”1/1″ data_shortcode_id=”0zvyxvhucg”][cmsmasters_text]

The website is pulling all up-to-date COVID-19 data from Novel COVID which is an open-sourced API that provides you information about the coronavirus pandemic across the globe.

[/cmsmasters_text][/cmsmasters_column][/cmsmasters_row]

Continue Reading

Breaking News

Dr. Arikana Chihombori Quao Adds Voice To The Cries Against Mistreatment of Africans In China

Published

on

By

Dr. Arikana Chihombori Quao has added her voice to the growing public outcry over the Corona virus-related mistreatment of Africans in China.
Even though most African governments have not yet issued correspondence related to the embarrassing ordeal that their citizens are going through, many people from across the world especially Africans in the Diaspora have expressed their displeasure on what is currently happening in China.

Continue Reading

Breaking News

BREAKING NEWS: South Africa now has 116 confirmed cases of coronavirus, Health Minister Zweli Mkhize announced.

Published

on

By

BREAKING NEWS: South Africa now has 116 confirmed cases of coronavirus, Health Minister Zweli Mkhize announced.

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2020 zwnews24.